Flexible multi-format streaming.
Reaching the broadest audience with an optimum viewing experience is critically important to any streaming video application. SimulStream lets you individually create, tailor and optimize video for
several applications and audiences – all at the same time – live!
Competitor solutions may allow you to deliver multiple streams in different encoded formats, but they force you to use the same frame size, frame rate, bitmap overlays (e.g., logos), as well as other critical parameters for each stream. These limitations greatly impair your flexibility when you need to deliver live video to many different playback devices and to users with widely varying bandwidth levels.
SimulStream empowers you to deliver full-frame video to high-speed Internet users or smaller, lower-rate video to DSL and dial-up subscribers, as well as optimized video for several different mobile device standards – all while saving the same content to a storage device
for post-processing and other Video on Demand (VOD)applications.
To capitalize on SimulStream’s capabilities, you need the following:
- A compatible Osprey video capture card, such as the Osprey 260e and Osprey 460e
- Activation of SimulStream for your listed Osprey card,
or purchase a pre-enabled Osprey card with SimulStream
- Osprey driver 4.xx or higher
- Microsoft® Windows® operating system compatible with your driver version
SimulStream is a powerful driver enhancement for Osprey streaming products.
- Network service providers
- Content delivery networks
- Live streaming
- Mobile TV
- Video on Demand
- Optimized live streams for a multiscreen delivery audience
- Independent pre-processing of video for each stream
- Enables multi-format, multi-bit rate and multi-resolution streaming – all at the same time
- Complete utilization of latest multi-core processors
- Maximum solution density for streaming production
- Reduced total hardware costs